Sunday, June 5, 2011

Nettuno, Italy Part 2

After the beach we took a tour of Nettuno where we saw a fortress turned art museum, the family pharmacia and then a ride into the countryside to see Miss. Ellie. I heard my first cuckoo bird and met the oldest cat I have ever seen. I saw flowers that took my breath away and I saw love. We ate ice cream and drank peach juice, we walked around the beautiful yard and watched the day turn to night. At the end of the day we said goodbye to Miss Ellie. She waved and smiled and we all felt sad to leave her alone.
We drove into Rome for a real Italian dinner and great conversation. The most interesting thing for me was about language and music. Both Luisa and Carlotta agreed they learned a lot of English listening to the Beatles as young girls. They talked about how all the repetition in the lyrics helped them learn the words. All I could think of was " All you need is love, love, all you need is love."
We certainly had love that day and night and I hope we can be as wonderful hosts to Ettore and Carlotta in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment