Friday, January 6, 2012

January on the Cape

I woke at 7am to the lightest dusting of snow. Yesterday, after a futile attempt to organize my new studio, I headed to Depot beach for a walk before the last light of day. There were no boats on the water as the sun set in an exquisite blaze. The only person I saw was one other woman photographing the night sky; the setting sun and the rising moon. The tide was so low I could walk around the jetties instead of climbing over them. It is so fun walking through the water in my clamming boots. A 3/4 moon rose in the sky that blazed purple and blue and I was grateful for the wisdom to leave the mess and commune with the ducks and the seagulls. Jamie was happy as well. The winter blues have a way of setting in this time of year... my plan is, take to the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment