Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Frances Roddy Show, three's a charm

They say " Three's a charm". Last year I submitted work to The Concord Art Association twice. After my second rejection I wrote a blog about artists putting themselves out there. (January 30th, 2010 ) Knowing two other artists, one a painter the other a photographer, whose names did not appear on the list made me feel better. I knew I was in good company. It's astonishing that a relatively sleepy town like Concord has such a popular and prestigious venue for artists. I'm not saying it's like getting into the Decordova Museum but it's certainly a feather in the old artist cap.
Victoria Munroe, who has a fabulous gallery on Newbury Street in Boston, curated the show. It's by far one of the best shows I've seen at the Concord Art Association. Not only did she curate the show, she also decided how it should be hung. How a show is hung; what pieces should go together, whether it is thematic or random is incredibly important. Victoria did a brilliant job with this. The many volunteers who executed the actual labor, hauling, measuring, nailing and hanging deserve our thanks as well.
If you can't make it to the show it's on the Concord Art Association website. Go to www.concordart.org and go to 2010 Roddy , view exhibit ( I'm in the upstairs gallery )
The show will be up until October 17th.

1 comment:

  1. congratulations to you Robin!
    Success after only three tries?!
    Not bad.
    I can't wait to see the show.

    ReplyDelete